James Corden called a reporter to ask for the Balthazar restaurant ban

By | October 22, 2022

James Corden spoke with The New York Times and briefly addressed the controversy surrounding Balthazar’s ban and suspension from a New York City restaurant. The TV presenter called the whole story “stupid” and “crazy”, adding: “I did nothing wrong at any level”.

Balthazar’s owner Keith McNally took to Instagram earlier this week to announce Corden’s suspension from the restaurant, calling the late-night host “the most abusive customer I’ve had to Balthazar’s servers since the restaurant opened 25 years ago.” McNally shared a couple of anecdotes about Corden’s rude behavior, one of which involved Corden’s wife ordering an “egg yolk omelet.” Corden complained to the staff because “a little bit of egg white was mixed in with the egg yolk.”

That’s when James Corden started yelling like crazy at the waiter: ‘You can’t do your job! You can’t do your job! Maybe I’ll go into the kitchen and cook the omelet myself!'” McNally added at the time.

A few hours after announcing the suspension, McNally posted that Corden had not been suspended after Corden “called me and apologized.” Balthazar’s wife added, “I’m more self-deprecating than most people, and I’m a firm believer in second chances.

In an interview with the New York Times, Corden was at a different restaurant when she overheard a diner at another table complaining about her eggs.

“Can you imagine if we beat her up on Twitter now?” Corden said. “Would that be fair? This is my opinion. It’s crazy.”

“I did nothing wrong at any level,” Corden added. “So why am I canceling this? I was there. I understand. I feel zen about the whole thing. Because I think it’s so stupid. I just think it’s beneath all of us. It is below you. It’s definitely below your print.”

Hours after the Times interview was published, McNally responded to TMZ again on the matter, saying, “I have no intention of bashing someone when they’re down, but I believe the best way for James Corden to earn some of the public respect he had before this incident is to apologize to the youth workers he wronged.” “If he is big enough to do so, he can eat for free at Balthazar for the rest of the year.”

Corden will return with new episodes of the “Late Late Show” on Oct. 24 and told The Times that he might address the controversy on air.

Category: tv

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *